Photo books are literal memory repositories that you can use to relive and remember some of the most important times in your life, and the lives of your loved ones. They can also be used to improve home decor. If you’re a collector of photo books, whether large or small, it’s important to think about how they play into the overall look and feel of your home. Here, we look at how photo books are best displayed in the home.
How You Can Use Photo Books To Improve Home Decor
There are a few different ways you can use photo books to improve your home decor:
- Display them on a bookshelf: A collection of photo books can add a personal touch to your bookshelf and bring some color to the room.
- Use them as coffee table books: Photo books make for great conversation starters and can add some visual interest to your coffee table.
- Hang them on the wall: You can use photo books as part of a gallery wall or create a standalone display by hanging a few on a large wall.
- Use them to decorate smaller spaces: Photo books can be used to add some personality to smaller spaces like an entryway or powder room.
- Incorporate them into a vignette: Use photo books as part of a larger vignette on a console table or mantel, combining them with other decor items like vases, candles, and trays.
As you can see there are multiple ways to use photo books aesthetically, not just to store away somewhere out of site.
Book Cover Style Is Important
The cover art you choose for your photo book has to be in line with our home decor. If you carefully match the styles up so that they match what you’re trying to do with the color of your home, it’ll all fit together nicely. If you can only see the spine, you still have to think about color because this is what’s going to be facing outward towards the room itself. No matter how you align your photo books in the room, thinking about the cover style will make a huge difference to the room so take some extra time to make sure it’s on point.
Most photo book editing systems will let you customize what appears on the front cover.
How To Store Large Collections
Large photobook collections can be particularly hard to store. If they’re stored incorrectly they can ruin the look of your home and also the books themselves. Here are some storage tips for you:
Here are a few tips for storing a large photo book collection:
- Keep them in a dry, cool place: Photo books can be damaged by extreme temperatures and humidity, so it’s best to store them in a dry, cool place.
- Use bookends: If you have a lot of photo books, using bookends can help keep them organized and prevent them from tipping over.
- Consider storing them vertically: Storing photo books vertically can help save space and make it easier to see the titles.
- Use bookcases or shelving: A bookcase or shelves are a great way to store photo books and keep them organized.
- Invest in protective sleeves: If you have valuable or rare photo books, consider investing in protective sleeves to help keep them in good condition.
- Consider a storage box: If you have a large collection of photo books and need to store them in a small space, a storage box can be a good option. Just be sure to choose a box that is sturdy and large enough to hold your books without crushing them.