Can anything be more comforting than rushing into the blissful arms of the plush mattress after coming back home from a hectic day at work? Well, we guess not and that’s why it is imperative to conduct a quality check of the mattress from time to time to make the most out of its productivity. Read on to know the ideal time to bring home a new Tempur-Pedic mattress for replacing the oldies prawling over your bed.
- With prolonged use, bed critters might develop paving the path for rashes and other skin irritations thus making it mandatory to replace the old mattress. Bacteria arising out of stains and moulds multiply at a rapid scale over time and cause the mattress fibres to degenerate. Germs, dead skin cells, allergens and dust mites have a tendency of clinging on to the mattress surface even after regular washing of the sheets. You can rotate the mattress if your wallet does not permit a re-purchase.
- If you can suddenly feel the protruding mattress springs or locate a visible dip in the middle section, then it is the right time to take the decision of a fresh mattress purchase. This also holds true for noisy mattresses which disrupt our best night’s sleep with their groaning, creaking and pinging noises throughout the night.
- If you notice your partner tossing and turning throughout the night, then it bears signal of the fact that the ageing mattress can no more reduce motion transfer like what it could once. This problem aggravates while sleeping on a shared bed where both the sleepers might not benefit from equal comfort.
- If your body weight has undergone considerable change over the past few years, then the sleeping mattress might not be able to impart requisite comfort. This is common when people have an accident, undergoes surgery or give birth. Thus, in spite of being in a decent condition it might not be able to do the trick any more. You can purchase a mattress topper to cater to the issue of pressure points or firmness on a temporary basis. However, it won’t be of much help if the mattress lack adequate support or is too soft.
- If you experience aches or stiffness after waking up in the morning, then replacing your ageing mattress might serve as a potential solution to your problem. You should ideally wake up felling revitalized in the morning. But if it is the other way round and you feel drowsy throughout the day, then maybe your body is not getting the adequate rest while fidgeting in bed and trying to find the deal sleeping position which sadly does not exist any longer in that age old mattress.
Sleeping is of paramount importance for maintaining our physical and mental agility since our tired body replenishes its diminishing energy reserve while we are sound asleep. This is one of the biggest reasons behind investing in a high-quality mattress. Replacing the mattress does not come with a timetable. Rather, it depends on whether or not you are having a good night’s sleep. A large number of health issues can arise from using a faulty mattress. You can add to the longevity of the mattress by using a good support which can prevent early sagging.