Rahway knows how to do Halloween right! It’s simply the place to be for audiences and participants of all ages.
#3 Halloween is on a Saturday- It’s an all day Extravaganza!
It’s a rare celebration when this happens. Traditionally when Halloween falls on a weekday, families are forced to make a mad dash to neighboring houses for free candy! By the time the little ghouls and goblins get home from school, there are only a few daylight ours left available for a trick-or-treat go around. Or if it perhaps falls mid-week, no one knows whether to party the weekend before or the weekend after! The community of Rahway has enforced a strict ongoing Family Fun policy guaranteed to keep everyone in the spirit.
#2 The Line-up is Spooky!
A jam packed schedule of events and line-up has been officially announced…
The day kicks off at 10 AM with the “Ugly Parlor”: make-up artists set up on Cherry Street for those who would like to have professionals work on their ghoulish appearances. Over a dozen make-up artists will be on scene until 4 PM for those coming later in the day.
At 11 AM, Halloween-enthusiasts of all ages will be judged at the Train Station Plaza (Corner of E. Milton Ave. and Irving St.) for the City of Rahway’s annual Halloween Costume Contest. There will be 1st Place trophies in the following categories: up to age 3, 4 – 6, 7 – 10, 11 – 14, Family or Group, Senior Citizen and Adult Funniest, Scariest, and Most Original. Register for the costume contest in person at the Recreation Center or online at cityofrahway.com/Halloween. The registration deadline is Friday, October 30 at 3 pm. Only those who have pre-registered will be judged.
Promptly at 12 noon the massive Rahway Halloween Parade will start at the Train Station Plaza and head down Irving St. towards the Hamilton Stage parking lot. Led by the Rahway High School Marching Band, the parade will feature about a dozen floats, Halloween music and thousands of people of all ages marching, and onlookers cheering on their favorite costume-wearers. At the end of the parade route, Rahway’s annual Trunk-or-Treat awaits the trick-or-treaters.
Simultaneously at noon, the second annual Rahway Zombie and Vampire Apocalypse Scavenger Hunts will get underway. This hunt is an epic real life adventure game that is expected to have zombies and vampires wandering the City. Participants, dressed as zombies and vampires, will be given a story that leads to a series of clues.
At 2PM the Union County Performing Arts Center, a 1,400 seat theater, will be transformed into The Devil’s Theater – New Jersey’s newest and hottest haunted attraction! You are hereby warned that the professional actors have only one mission – to scare you beyond belief.
At 6:45PM all eyes will turn to the sky as we launch Fear Works! A Haunted Halloween display of fireworks from City Hall (Corner of Main St. and E. Milton Ave.) Fear Works will be followed by a dance party featuring live DJ music, lights and prizes for best zombies and vampires.
At 8PM, one of Rahway’s most popular resident theater companies – Fearless Productions – will be presenting Jekyll & Hyde the musical at the Hamilton Stage (360 Hamilton St.).
#1 It’s Not Just For The Kiddies
To wrap up the night, plenty of restaurants in Rahway’s downtown will be having Halloween parties and specials. Here are some examples (more to be announced).
– Liberty Harley will have a Halloween Spooooktacular featuring famous voodoo chili and special discounts. (12 W. Milton Ave)
– Rocky’s Bar and Grill: Zombie Ball (710 W Grand Ave.)
– The Rail House Bar: 4 Bands performing and Drink Specials. (1449 Irving St)
– The Firehouse Pub: Halloween Party from the start of their evening service until close with costume contest at 9pm. (455 St. George Ave.)
– The Waiting Room: Halloween Party with the band Off the Wagon; costume contests and other activities will be ongoing through the night. (66 E Cherry St.)
– Butch Kowal’s: Hearse will be on display for Halloween party; 2 bands will perform. (950 St Georges Ave.)
– Meatballs and Brews: Costume Contest, Entertainment, Food and Drink Specials. (1482 Main St)
– Cubanu: Food and Drink specials (1467 Main St)
– Nancy’s Townhouse: Pizza and Beer Combo Specials; Drink and Shot Specials All Night. (1453 Main St)
Show Comments (1)
Comments are closed.