Saturday night was lit. Shots were flowing, music was blasting, Vodka had you so good that you even won a dace contest. You totally, don’t remember housing an entire pizza when you got home, but it’s all good.
You partied your ass off with #noregrets… until your alarm clock went off the next morning.
You totally ignored the fact that you have places to go and people to see, meaning laying comatose in your bed for 7 hours was not an option. You lay there pretty much in tears not knowing how you’re going to get out of bed let alone function as an adult in public.
Why has no one invented a magical pill that cures hang over yet? And no, Advil doesn’t work. Your dehydrated, weak body can barely understand why you allow yourself to do this time and time again. YOLO went out years ago, but you’re still living your life as if you’re 21.
No, there isn’t a magic pill to get you in tip top shape in a matter of seconds, but there are a few things that can help you survive the day.. or at least long enough for you to fake it until you make it.
Consider these options as your mobile iv for the day; you’re gonna need it.
To Rehydrated Drink the Following:
- Coconut Water
- Lemon Water- with fresh lemon not artificially flavored
- Classic H20
- Chocolate Milk ( this is actually my go to hang over drink. Weird? Yes. Effective? Absolutely-but only with breakfast close behind
- Tomato Juice ( yes, just the juice… no not as in a Bloody Mary)
- Coffee- light on the milk and cream
- Powerade, Gatorade- whatever ‘ade’ floats your boat
- Green tea hot or iced
- Ginger or Peppermint tea
- Sprite (not diet or coke)
- Cranberry or Apple Juice ( no orange juice, too much acid)
- Pickle Juice ( I know, ew. I’ve tried it, but it really does work. )
- Miso Soup – some may think it dehydrates you, but it does the opposite while bringing you sodium levels back up to where they need to be.
- Ginger root- boil some hot water and put an actual root of ginger in the water in order to heal the damage you have done to your body. A little honey and it’s actually the perfect thing to ease a queazy stomach
Once you’ve selected your iv of choice for the day, don’t forget to eat! Eating is one of the most important parts of curing a hang over. You need the food to absorb the left over acids in your body. On every other day of the year, I’m totally against eating fast food, this… this is the acceptation. If you’re going to survive, you better stuff your face with:
- Pickles (I’m serious)
- Onions ( they absorb toxins in your system)
- French Fries
- Bacon, Pork Roll or some sort of cured meat.
- Eggs- LOTS OF EGGS
Now that you’re all ready to go, or at least are trying, remember to stay away from a few things:
- Alcohol. Some say this hair of the dog sh*t works… It making you upchuck everything left in you means it’s working, then yeah, I guess it does…
- Being in the sun for too long. This can dehydrate you even more and cause a heat stroke or heat exhaustion. Put up and umbrella if you have to be outside
- Sunnas. You’re not sweating out alcohol, you’re sweating out hydration. This can make you feel even more sick than before. Remember a hang over is cause from being dehydrated!
Grab your drink, grab you sunglasses, and try to smile as best you can. You’re going to need all the help you can get today.