Let’s face it—a healthy body is the ultimate status symbol. In a world that’s chock-full of processed foods, sedentary jobs, and sugary-sweet drinks, it’s way too easy to ignore your health in favor of convenience. Not everyone has the time necessary to cook old fashioned meals or get in their daily half hour of exercise.
Believe it or not, it’s possible to live a healthy life without having to spend hours just working on meal prep. These awesome solutions make it possible to eat, drink, and live your best life without having a crazy schedule.
- Get a water purifier. Tired of having to scramble for bottled water on the way to work or the gym? Forget about that nonsense. You need a water purifier. You can save plastic bottles, money, and time by just getting a refillable water bottle and using a water purifier like the one from Cuckoo to get the fresh, filtered water you want on the go.
A good purifier doesn’t just end your dependence on convenience store water bottles, either. It also makes drinking water at home easier. After all, a pitcher of crisp, toxin-free water can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy drinking water. You can also slice up lemons and add them to a pitcher of the cold stuff for extra flavorful hydration.
- Stop going to bars, and start going to dance clubs. If you have an active social life, the hardest thing to do is find a place where everyone can relax and enjoy themselves. Most of the time, people end up meeting at bars and restaurants. This leads to waistline-unfriendly outings filled with booze and calorie-laden platters.
A better option? Switch to outings at dane clubs and lounges, then opt for seltzer while you dance the night away.
- Get healthy snacks delivered to your door. Trying to fit in time to make healthy snacks is a pain, especially if you’re a health-conscious parent who wants to make sure the kids grow up well-nourished. Thankfully, you no longer have to worry about getting better snacks at the grocery store.
Graze is one of many different companies that made a splash by delivering fresh, healthy snacks straight to your door. Each snack pack is perfect for lunch boxes and life on the go. What’s not to love?
- Use meal prep kits to take the work out of meal planning and portion control. Anyone who has ever had to figure out what to cook for dinner on a regular basis can tell you that grocery shopping, meal planning, and meal prep are all incredibly time-consuming. They’re also very difficult to do right if you want to live healthier.
The best way to trim meal prep time is to invest in a subscription box service that’s geared towards healthy meals, like Green Chef. These kits come with all the ingredients you need, instructions for the meals you want to make, and also get delivered straight to your door. It couldn’t be easier if you tried.
- Invest in a standing desk. Studies have shown that one of the leading causes of health problems is a sedentary lifestyle. Standing while at work has been proven to increase caloric burn, improve posture, and also help your body just feel better. Investing in a standing desk for work can make your work life easier on your body.
One of the best standing desks you can get is called an EVODesk, and its patent-pending technology makes it possible to switch from sitting to standing without messing up your ergonomic posture.
- Start a morning ritual with multivitamins and a glass of water. The best way to live your best life is to start it right. When you wake up, making a point of taking your daily multivitamins and drinking a crisp glass of ice water will help you stay alert throughout the day. Best of all, this simple ritual takes only two minutes and will pay dividends for the rest of your day.
- Consider detoxing your friendship circle. In life, one of the easiest ways to end up hurting yourself is to associate with people who drag you down. Sadly, it’s all too easy to end up in circles of people who aren’t good for you for one reason or another. Tough as it is to do, ending the friendships slowly (or quickly) can help you avoid slipping into bad habits.
Take a look at the people in your life and be honest with yourself. Are they really supporting you as you improve yourself? Are they encouraging you to become a better person and live a healthy life? Do they make you feel good about yourself and life in general? If not, it may be time to back away from them. You’d be surprised at how much time you’ve wasted on bad connections after pruning your social scene.
- Remind yourself that life doesn’t have to be perfect. We live in a world where we are encouraged to be hyper-critical of ourselves and others. That’s not healthy, and it makes us obsess over the stupidest little things. Who cares if dinner isn’t Pinterest-perfect? What does it matter if the house isn’t totally clean? The important thing is that you’re happy and healthy, even if it’s not a picture-perfect moment.
Comments are closed.