Think you can’t take it with you? Well, the folks at Como Audio beg to differ.
They have developed a new Amico portable speaker ($399) that can either expand an existing Como Audio network or be taken on road trips to deliver superior sound away from home.
When in range of a WiFi network, the Amico is able to connect to 30,000 Internet radio stations and Spotify in addition to AM/FM stations. The addition of Bluetooth connectivity and various input ports allow you to connect to your phone or plug in an external device containing your favorite tunes.
We were pleasantly surprised by the range of its WiFi receiver, which connected to our network from as far as the middle of our complex’s parking lot (a good 90 feet from our condo).
Other key features include:
- Selectable analog or digital clock display; Time/date will update automatically via WiFi.
- TFT color display (2.8″)
- Remote control
- Free iOS & Android Como Control app
- Song, artist, and radio station information are display for FM stations.
- USB input that can be used for music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices or to charge many smart phones.
- Wirelessly stream music from your computer via your existing WiFi network without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- One high res audio auxiliary input supports up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Google Chromecast for Audio-ready and Amazon Alexa-ready (Echo, Dot, etc.)
- Thirty watts per channel RMS
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Software updates over WiFi.
- Dual independent alarms with scheduling options plus snooze and sleep timer with multiple alarm source options including Internet radio, FM, Auxiliary, etc. (not USB).
- Telescoping external DAB/FM antenna
- It weighs 4.5lb
Artists, graphic designers and other pen and tablet advocates rejoice! The Wacom Intuos Pro ($249.95 to $499.95 depending on size) is here!
For those of you that aren’t familiar with Wacom products, these are drawing tablets that connect to your computer enabling you to use a digital pen to draw, sketch or enter text without using a keyboard or other input device.
The Intuos Pro connects to the USB port on any computer (PCs, notebooks, etc.) and, after its drivers are installed, instantly expands your horizons. Although it’s mostly used by artists, illustrators and graphic designers, it can also be used to compose or edit documents (although the interface is a bit cumbersome).
The tablet can also be connected to any mobile device using basic Bluetooth technology, which allows you to pack it up and take it with you.
Other key features include:
- It’s available in three sizes: small, medium and large
- Four extra pen color rings
- It’s weight, depending on size, ranges between less than a pound to 2.86 pounds
- The pen is cordless and battery-free
- The pen has a latex-free silicone grip