Do you ever wonder if you best friend is smart? And when I see your best friend of course I am referring to you beloved canine…
Recent studies have indicated which breeds fall into the top 10th percentile for intelligence of its species.
Although, all dogs are smart, and have their own strengths and weaknesses, there seem to be certain breeds who have an aptitude for brain power. This may make them a great selection to optimize training benefits if you are looking for the right fit for your family! Check out the Top 10 Smartest Dogs in the World.
10. Australian Cattle Dog
- Australian Cattle Dog from Down Under
- Working dog that is traditionally occupied with controlling and herding cattle
- Qualities are exceptional intelligence, alertness, resourcefulness and a fiercely protective loyalty over its property and people
- Agile, strong, active dogs, both physically and mentally, which revel in new experiences
- The flip side is that they bore easily and will unintentionally find trouble while looking for activities to occupy themselves with
- Organized; many are known for putting their own toys away after playing
- Herding dog, the rottweiler began in Germany as a true work companion
- Primarily used for work as guard dogs and as police dogs
- Well-known for their stoicism, keen perception, courage and unflagging loyalty
- Cute, butterfly-eared dog is smarter, tougher and stronger than it appears (it’s like the bionic dog)
- True companion and watchdog
- Ferociously protective over what belongs to them, their keen intelligence makes it possible to take them anywhere
- May be litter-box trained, a big plus
7. Labrador Retriever
- The Lab, as it is affectionately called, is the most popular breed chosen by families
- Member of the working class of dogs
- Best known for their intelligence, affection, patience and gentility, making them perfect companions for households with kids.
- Easily trained and, in fact, are one of the top dogs chosen for search and rescue, assisting the disabled and police work.
- Known to self-train, observing behaviors in humans and repeating them — a great asset in emergency situations
6. Shetland Sheepdog
- Show the same commitment and protectiveness over its human “herd” as the farm-raised version does
- Highly intelligent
- Handles life with great efficiency and diligence, learning new commands with little repetition and making sure that all the family is safe, sound and in place
- Show great devotion to their families and are happy to live just about anywhere
5. Doberman Pinscher
- Due to an inborn fearlessness and deep stamina, the Doberman is one of the most popular breeds of guard dogs
- Smart and assertive, they can easily be trained for dominance or docility
- Because of their past as war and police dogs, they may appear fearsome, but they are actually quite gentle
- Their loyalty and acuity make Dobermans great additions to the family
4. Golden Retriever
- A very affectionate and popular breed, the golden retriever is highly regarded for its intelligence
- Can learn well over 200 commands, making them indispensable companions both in the home and in the workplace
- Loyal, loving and patient, with a willingness to please and a love of learning, this is a fabulous companion pet to bring into your family
3. German Shepherd
- Originally bred specifically for intelligence
- Most dependable of companions
- Learn tasks after only a few repetitions and obey commands nearly always the first time they are given
- Often used as guard dogs, and search-and-rescue dogs and have even been trained by the military for parachute jumps
- Easily trainable, steadfast and sharp-minded, poodles flourish in human company
- Effective as guard dogs, especially the standard-size poodles
- Made to endure
- Swims more effectively while still having fur to protect its organs as it went about the business of hunting and retrieving
- Excels at training and obedience and also loves creative playtime
1. Border Collie
- Extraordinary intelligence and high energy, it is essential to give border collies an occupation or purpose
- Intense connection with humans, making border collies ideal work and home companions
- Well-behaved, exceptionally good at learning and a true-blue companion
ABOUT Maximum K9:
Maximum K9 Services and Nutrition is proud to be taking training, obedience, and overall, optimal health for your canine to the next level with a different type of high-end living. Owner Joseph Secreti, radiates his passion and commitment to the true “high quality lifestyle” introduced by his family operated facility.
Maximum K9 employs only the leading certified, professionals building a team of highly acclaimed and accomplished trainers. Advanced specialty services range from formal AKC judging, AKC obedience, conformation showing, agility, IPO , personal protection and professional scent detection services.
Maximimun k9 also caters to a softer side offering programs more family-friendly like Puppy Kindergarten, Obedience: Basic to Advanced, Sport Training and other activities that will ensure fun, while instilling happiness into your relationship and companionship lasting for an entire lifetime.
Advantages of their quality grooming salon is the ultimate in amenities, atmosphere, and treatment to optimize your canines overall beauty, health, and wellness. A combination of a retail and training facility, Maximum k9 is the one stop shop home to over 3000 square feet of fully matted and equipped, indoor heaven for your pup. Maximum k9 is also an advocate and supporter of the Raw Food Diet among canines. The staff is extremely well-versed in educating individuals who are interested in transitioning their dog to the nutritious diet that nature intended. As a family they stand by their mission to encourage pet owners, and to promote the benefits of the wide range of raw food diets available
For more information regarding Maximum K9 Services & Nutrition please contact at (855) 818-DOGS or visit their website at https://maximumk9service.com.