The cannabis plant is widely accepted to have originated from Central Asia and upper Southern Asia. The plant has three species, namely Cannabis Ruderalis, Cannabis Indica, and Cannabis Sativa. Popular strains of this plant include hemp and marijuana. Though marijuana contains the psychoactive element THC – Tetrahydrocannabinol, which gives people the high feeling, the cannabis hemp plant does not.
Hemp contains more than a hundred components known as cannabinoids. One of these cannabinoids is CBD (Cannabidiol). Researchers have been carrying out tests and experiments to determine CBD’s health benefits. CBD oil is one of the products produced from hemp. Another is hemp oil. Similar to CBD oil, hemp oil does not contain THC.
Differences between CBD oil and hemp oil
CBD oil comes from the stalks, leaves, and flowers of the hemp plant, while hemp oil comes from the seeds of the herb. While cannabidiol oil contains amounts of CBD, hemp oil does not. However, there are still health benefits for those who use hemp oil. Customers can buy CBD oil and hemp oil from trusted sources since the use of hemp products has been legalised in many places.
Benefits of using CBD oil
Cannabidiol oil has many health benefits. CBD Oil performs the following:
- Clears skin acne
- Relieves pain in the body
- Reduces fear and anxiety
- Reduces depression
- Relieves cancer symptoms
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Protects the cardiovascular system
- Relieves neurological conditions like epilepsy
Benefits of using hemp oil
Though hemp oil does not have CBD, it still has its perks. These include the following:
- Decreases pain caused by nerve damage
- Treats nausea experienced by cancer patients
- Removes symptoms of glaucoma
- Protects the heart by preventing cardiovascular disease
- Protects the brain from inflammation
- Relieves muscle stress and tension
- Clears skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema
Methods of use
Over recent years, more and more people have been taking cannabidiol and hemp oil. Many people use these in many ways.
- Swallowing it in capsule form
- Vaping using an electronic cigarette solely devoted to it
- Putting a tincture under the tongue using a dropper to let the body absorb it
- Spraying a certain amount under the tongue and swallowing it
- Taking it as a candy or lozenge allowing it to melt in the mouth
- Spreading a certain amount of it topically on the skin
- Mixing and cooking it with food and drinks
Therefore, preference determines product use.
Both oils have their health benefits. Another product extracted from hemp is PCR hemp oil. PCR stands for “phytocannabinoid-rich”. Because of the process of extraction, PCR hemp oil does not contain THC but has the desired amount of CBD, unlike hemp oil. These health benefits of the cannabis hemp plant have given medical experts high hopes of its many potential uses in medicine. However, not all countries have legalised the use of products extracted from the hemp plant. Study the laws related to its legality in your locality. Consult your doctor before using oils and other products from hemp.