Real estate is a booming business, and the number of people pursuing careers in the field is rising exponentially. That means that you have more competition than ever before.
However, if you know how to effectively market yourself as an expert realtor, you can stand out among your peers and make a name for yourself in this industry. Here are keys to successfully marketing yourself as an expert on real estate:
1. Focus on your Sphere of Influence
You want to make sure that your sphere of influence is filled with people who are interested in what you have to say or regularly see your advertisements, but you can’t just reach out to anyone.
You need to be selective about who you choose as a follower or subscriber. For example, if you’re writing a blog, the potential readers should have an interest in real estate.
If they don’t, they are not likely going to become a follower and may even unsubscribe. Initially, the majority of your real estate transactions will emanate from people you know either professionally or personally. You must find out who these people are and start connecting with them.
2. Be Consistent with Your Marketing
Even the most successful entrepreneurs still experience the occasional cold-start when a marketing campaign fails to generate results. This is no different with real estate professionals. Don’t quit and go home if you realize that your efforts are not bearing fruit.
There are plenty of other ways to start marketing all over again, but it’s best to keep moving forward. Instead of being discouraged, try something new instead. For example, if your blog is not bringing in any prospective buyers for some time, consider posting on Facebook or Twitter instead.
Maintaining a consistent branding of yourself as a realtor is the key to success. For example, you can stay in front of your target audience even if you don’t have a listing by only sharing your blog post on Twitter or Facebook and sending postcards, emails, and letters.
In this way, as soon as you have a listing, your target market will be ready to act on it.
3. Leverage Both Free and Paid Marketing
Similar to traditional advertising, you have to spend money on marketing opportunities if you want results. However, it doesn’t mean that you should ignore free opportunities such as social media platforms or press releases.
Instead of seeking out prospective buyers on your own, you can use online tools that can help your buyers find you. Here are examples of free and paid marketing options.
Free Marketing Options which includes social media networks such as:
- Facebook/Instagram can be used in positing ads on your page, which will be significant in spreading awareness regarding your services. Additionally, you can also create posts that include links to your website where prospective clients can learn more about you.
- YouTube is important in positing videos as well as ads on your channel. The avenue is important because it allows you to share information about your company and its products.
Press Releases through YouTube are another form of free publicity that you can use to get your name out there. You can also send press releases to local newspapers and magazines.
- Google My Business is also an effective form of free marketing through Google. It helps you build up a business profile where you can add photos, descriptions, and contact info. Additionally, you can include links to your website and social media profiles.
- Email Drip Campaigns are another great way to promote your services. They allow you to send messages periodically to your subscribers. These messages can contain useful tips, news, and updates. Additionally, they can include links to your site so that people can sign up for your newsletter.
Paid Marketing Option
Google Ads are important in the process because they allow you to target specific keywords that relate to your product or service. Once you’ve set up your ad, you can choose how much you would like to pay per click (CPC) or cost per impression (CPI).
CPC is usually cheaper than CPI, but it’s worth looking into both options before deciding what works best for your business. If you’re not sure whether or not you need to advertise, check out our guide to choosing between CPC vs. CPI.
4. Joining Professional Organizations (local Chamber of Commerce as an example)
Marketing yourself as a realtor requires a lot of work, especially if you’re just starting out. But, it’s one of the best ways to get ahead in your career. By joining professional organizations, you’ll gain access to resources that can help you grow your business. Some of these organizations include:
- Local Chamber of Commerce – This organization provides networking opportunities for members. It gives them access to other professionals who can provide advice and guidance.
- Mortgage Bankers Association – This organization offers training programs for new realtors. It also has a lending program that lets mortgage brokers connect with lenders. Such an organization is important because it helps you develop relationships within your industry.
- National Association of Realtors – This organization has a variety of benefits, including education courses, mentorship programs, and even discounts on insurance policies. Additionally, this group has a referral program that rewards members who refer others to join.
5. Social Media Ads (Video and Photo)
Social media advertising is another great way to market your business. You can post images and video content related to your services. There are many different platforms available such as Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. You can also make use of paid advertising campaigns.
The benefit of these ads is that they reach more people than traditional methods. However, they do have their drawbacks. For instance, you don’t know exactly who will see your ads. Also, you may be charged by the number of impressions your ad receives.
6. Real Estate Postcards
Postcard printing is a great way to promote your business. It allows you to create eye-catching cards that can be sent to potential clients. You can either print them yourself or hire someone else to do it for you. When you send them out, you can put your contact information on the back.
The use of this means is advantageous because it helps people remember you when they need help selling or buying a house. Additionally, it makes it easier for them to share your card with others.
The consideration of the above steps is important because they all contribute to the success of your real estate business. They’re all proven strategies to help you build your brand and increase your revenue.