Hair How-To: Dior Fashion Week Paris
Peter Weir’s “Picnic at Hanging Rock” inspired the girlish, slightly other-worldly beauty. Victorian undies de-bloomered into scalloped cotton tops and shorts that formed a pristine foundation throughout the lineup showed through the pastel transparency of striped organdy dresses, some with poetic lantern sleeves. – WWD
Inspired by both the past and the future, Redken Global Creative Director Guido turned a simple ponytail into a special style at Christian Dior’s Spring/Summer 2016 show.
“Raf Simons always has an unexpected take on modernity, and this season, it’s a bit of a historical feeling mixed in with this very futuristic idea of beauty. The look is almost Victorian-feeling with the hair drooped down over the ears and tucked into the ribbon collars. I blow dried the hair using Redken’s glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil and satinwear 02 to get that gorgeous, shiny texture. Then, I created an off-center part with my fingers and pulled the hair back into a low a ponytail, making sure that the sides droop down to cover the ears. The ponytail is wrapped into a ribbon or piece of jewelry, which shows that a simplistic look can easily feel more special with just a small thing done in a very precise or well thought out way.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil throughout damp hair.
- Work a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion into damp hair.
- Use fingers to create an off-center part.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail so that it droops over most of the ears and secure with an elastic.
Runway WWD/Giovanni Giannoni