They walked the red carpet in high style, class and beauty last night at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards. But who shined like brightest starlets of the night…you guessed it, our favorites Emma Roberts and Lady Gaga. Now you can re-create these looks on yourself with the help of the stylists who glammed them up for the big awards show.
Scream Queen’s Emma Roberts
INSPIRATION: Nikki Lee from NINE ZERO ONE salon styled Emma Roberts’ sultry side swept curls for the 2015 Emmy Awards. This modern take on old Hollywood hair perfectly complimented Emma’s pale pink gown and vintage jewels. Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen worked with Scream Queens star Emma Roberts to create her breathtaking peaches and cream makeup look for the big night.
EMMA ROBERTS EMMY HAIR HOW TO:
- Prep hair with Unite 7 Seconds Leave in Detangler, then Unite Boosta Spray at the root to mid shaft for volume.
- Using Unite Blow and Set Lotionfor ends, blow out ends with 2″ round brush which adds a nice bounce and set hair by spraying 7 Seconds Glossing Dry Thermal Shine for protection against heat.
- Take 2″ sections all around wrapping the hair downward and pinning it with a duck bill clip to hold into place. Once completed do a light mist of Unite Max Control Spray and let the hair cool for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, take the pins out and began brushing all curls out with a boar bristle brush. This is a key element to creating that old Hollywood wave.
- After brushing out and creating the shape, lock it in to place with Unite Session Max Hairspray.
EMMA ROBERTS EMMY FACE HOW TO:
- Face: I started by prepping Emma’s skin with Honest Beauty Everything Primer and added Hourglass Dim Light Powder to the cheeks.
- Eyes: To give Emma a soft smoky eye, I used the Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Berry Love. I applied the light pink shade in the crease, the bronze shade under the eyes and used a brush with the burgundy shade as an eyeliner. I finished with a few coats of Avon SuperExtend Winged Out Mascara in Black.
- Lip: I wanted to keep Emma’s lip soft and natural so I used the Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Lip Color in Honey Flower.
Singing Sensation Lady Gaga
INSPIRATION: “Grace Kelly’s effortless elegance. I wanted to create something soft and touchable”- Frederic Aspiras using Matrix products
LADY GAGA’S EMMY HAIR HOW TO:
- First, apply MATRIX StyleLink Volume Builder Volume Mousse to towel dried hair from roots to ends and comb thru.
- Next, add a small amount of MATRIX StyleLink Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream with a pump size amount of MATRIX StyleLink Gloss Booster apply starting at mid-shaft to ends of hair. Comb through. Then layer with an even spray of MATRIX StyleLink Turbo Dryer Blow Dry Spray to speed up the drying process and tame frizz and fly aways.
- Then, section hair for blow-drying. Using a 2-inch round titanium brush blow dry hair under and going back section-by-section. “Sounds like a lot of products but trust me every product is super lightweight and the results give you smooth, soft and shiny locks!”
- After blow-drying is complete use, MATRIX StyleLink Shape Switcher Molding Paste to mold hair in place and create waves and shapes. “I chose to push the hair off the face and create waves that went back” In order to maintain the softness and movement of the hair.”
- Finally, I used, MATRIX StyleLink Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to add hold and volume to this windswept look.