Getting that call that you are needed for an interview can be the best news ever. Honestly, the job market is getting thinner and your aim is to kill it during an interview.
On the day of the interview, you are looking all sharp, you have your hair did and you nail all the interview questions. Then suddenly you are thrown off guard with the most bizarre question ” which came first the chicken or the egg?” Yes, the weirdest questions ever can catch you off guard.
When you are asked such a question it is hard even to think of an answer. But there are reasons why your future employer might decide to ask you such a question:-
- They want to see the real you. Obviously most of the questions an interviewer will ask you, you are sure going to answer them in a precise way since you had already rehearsed.
- They are trying to see how quick you are at problem-solving.
- They are trying to figure out how well you can work under pressure.
These bizarre question can help you get a job or not. So it is up to you to always be prepared for any question which is thrown your way. Here is a look at some of the most bizarre questions asked in an interview.
- What magical powers would you wish to have?
Most of us have grown up watching Superman, Flash, Iron Man and the Xmen. So obviously we would like some of their powers if not all of them combined in our bodies.
To nail such a question, give them an answer which would help you work well; for instance, teleportation. It would help you get to work within a millisecond.
- If you were a fruit what kind would you be and why?
A question like this does not mean you blurt out your favorite fruit. You should mention a fruit which reflects your personality.
For instance, you could be a watermelon very refreshing when it comes to innovating new ideas.
- If you could have dinner with three people who are dead who would they be?
This question will help the interviewers determine which people is your inspiration. For example, if you are an artist you can say Leonardo Da Vinci who was a master painter.
You should answer this question with people who are significant in your line of work.
- How do you get an elephant in the fridge?
This is one of those questions which determine how good you are at problem-solving. You have to learn to be logic and think out the question on a literal view.
For instance, ask yourself or the interviewers “how big is the fridge?”. Such a question will show the interviewers that you are the type to critically think of things before you act in them.
- If you had three minutes in the elevator with the CEO what would you tell him?
Be sure to ask him a memorable question that he would never forget.
- What will you be famous?
Your answer should reflect your fame in the workplace.
- What would you do if you were a survivor if a plane crash?
Such a question will help them determine your personality. Are you a loner or a team player?
- What is your favorite song?
Answer this question really honestly. But avoid being caught up in the moment unless they ask you to sing a verse or two.
- Who would win a fight between Superman and?
If you didn’t watch Superman vs Batman the movie then you really need to.
- How do you explain the color yellow to a blind person?
You would describe it to them, not in terms of visibility but how it makes them feel. Maybe warm and fuzzy.