State and municipal administration is, first and foremost, the management of territories, sometimes pervasive. The general information provided by aspectum.com that allows the government to comprehensively solve economic, political, social, and environmental management tasks related to this territory is geographically “linked” information. The government GIS allows authorities to solve a variety of tasks – from analyzing global problems such as overpopulation, pollution, reduction of forest land, natural disasters to solving particular challenges, such as finding a house at its address or planning a pipeline on the ground.
Potential consumers of GIS data and technologies include:
- City structures of administrative and executive authorities;
- Tax inspections;
- Legal and law enforcement agencies;
- Architectural planning and land services of the city;
A modern large city in the conditions of transition to market relations, decentralization of management, increasing the responsibility of local authorities for the final result of economic activity and the social standard of living of citizens cannot function normally without a well-established system of comprehensive accounting, analysis, and assessment of urban areas. Foreign and domestic experience of the last 10-15 years has shown that GIS data and technologies are the priority and most vital information technologies of state and municipal government. Check out https://aspectum.com/industry-ngo-and-goverment/. The options presented by this GIS platform can serve as an information basis for solving the following tasks:
- Creation and maintenance of a system of automated cadastres (land, water, forest, etc.);
- Creating and maintaining registers of real estate and urban infrastructure;
- Economic assessment of the city territory, land tax planning, and other land payments, designing the boundaries of urban development zones, calculation of land tax rates, etc .;
- Inventory of urban land, analysis of the existing boundaries of individual land plots, quarters, the creation of situational plans, the design of new borders of land plots;
- Accounting and evaluation of all urban infrastructure facilities for the formation of a sustainable management mechanism and development of the municipal territory;
- Scientifically based long-term and operational planning for the expansion of the city and its areas;
- Optimal design of industrial and civil facilities in the city;
- Development of a master plan of the town and control over its implementation;
- Studying the state of environmental, socio-economic, natural resource conditions of territories and their economic assessment.
Thus, government GIS is a multi-purpose tool. It is focused on providing data on the urban environment to a wide range of organizations and citizens.
Federal, Regional and Municipal GIS data
There are a few current trends that offer clues as to how the government maps will use GIS technology moving forward.
Federal GIS allows you to achieve the following goals:
- Integration and maximum use of data managed by state authorities and subordinate organizations of various levels and other functioning databases and spatial data banks.
- Standardization of data collection, storage, and processing.
- They are ensuring the completeness and relevance of the data used for making management decisions.
Regional GIS contains spatial data for federal districts, abundant natural and economic regions, including nature protection zones, crisis areas, mining pools, and other territories. The purpose of government maps is to increase the efficiency and quality of managerial decision-making, prevent crises and emergencies, and eliminate their consequences.
Municipal GIS provides information support for various areas of GIS use in local government:
- Urban planning
- Land policy
- Municipal property management
- Housing and communal services
- Landscaping, etc.
Currently, GIS use in local government projects in the framework of ensuring urban development, housing, and communal services systems are especially in demand.