Everyone knows at least one person who they look up to who is a brilliant and successful Entrepreneur. Ambitious as they were, what we don’t see is all the hard work, struggles, mistakes, and learning they had to do to get where they are today. Sadly, people often only realize the importance of perseverance and discipline when they are first getting started. They overcame obstacle after obstacle, working tirelessly to succeed. Then, one day, all that hard work finally pays off.
What if we could go back in time and give our younger self advice about all the challenges on the road to success?
Today we had the opportunity to sit down with world renowned entrepreneur Martin Mander to talk about what advice he has for young people who want to follow in his footsteps.
Use these six tips to help you become successful in both your business and in your life.
- Copy the best: Whatever you want in life – the fastest and easiest way to get it is to find someone who is already where you want to be and just to copy everything they have done. Don’t reinvent the wheel, most of the things have already been done. Now is your chance to do it even faster and better.
- Take care of your environment: there is only one thing in the world stronger than us that we can’t fight against but which we are still able to change and that is our ENVIRONMENT. Our environment is what shapes us. Even if you don’t fit into your environment, by being there long enough, sooner or later you will eventually become a part of it. As they say: show me the 5 people you spend most of your time with and I’ll show you your future. If you surround yourself with 5 fools – you’ll become the sixth. If you surround yourself with 5 millionaires – congratulations – you will become the sixth.
- Choose wisely who’s advice you take: I like what R. Kiyosaki says about this: “The world is full of smart, poor people”, meaning – before you take anyone’s advice, take a look at their background – is what they teach just something out of a book or from their own experience? You can’t teach anyone something you haven’t gone through yourself, or at least you shouldn’t. For example, many of those people often teach about financial freedom while having not reached it themselves. If you are making 3000 euros a month, you are not qualified to teach people how to make 10 000 euros a month.
- Protect your biggest asset: Everyone is different, but the one thing we have the same is TIME. Everyone has just the same amount of time but for some reason, some people achieve more with the same amount of time than others. The reason is that these people choose very carefully how and with whom they share their most valuable asset. A lot of people give it away to people who are not worth it. By the time they realize it it’s too late. Know your worth – don’t undervalue yourself, keep your goals in your sight!
- Self-development: Your business will never grow bigger than you do. You are not being paid for the hours you work but for the value you create in that time. The key to growing your income isn’t doing more work in an hour but raising the value of the work done in an hour. To create more value in an hour you must grow! Read books, participate in trainings, listen to podcasts etcetera.
- Take ACTION: but remember, you have nothing to do with all these knowledge and beautiful quotes unless you pull the trigger, unless you take action. Most people know how to reach success but a few do. They are not lacking of knowledge rather inactivity. 99% of people who are today wondering why aren’t they where they want to be yet, it is because they aren’t putting in the work needed. Don’t be that person – take action right now! Take massive action!
Thank you Martin for taking the time to chat with me! Do you have any last words of wisdom for readers at home?
“If you want something you’ve never had
You must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson