Wrinkles are part of the natural process we all go through as we get older. As you grow older, your skin starts producing less collagen and becomes thinner, drier, and less able to protect itself from damage. Other factors can cause you to have premature wrinkles, such as smoking and excessive exposure to the elements. Some lifestyle changes and taking good care of your skin are ways to slow down the aging process.
You’ve also probably read or heard about different conflicting methods and products you can use for your skin. Knowing some basic facts and separating fiction from the truth is important to feel more in control of your face and take care of it properly. Here are some popular myths about wrinkles, and we want to tell you what’s real and what’s fiction.
Myth #1 – There’s one magic product that can get rid of all your wrinkles.
This is a myth. There’s no magic product or ingredient that will rid your face of all the wrinkles. The best anti-aging skincare routines usually improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in multiple steps. Each product plays a role in supporting healthy and firm skin from cleansers, masks, moisturizers, and serums.
Include products with some of the following ingredients that can help improve the appearance of wrinkles on your face.
- Hyaluronic acid – will hydrate your skin, keeping it plump, and therefore, minimize fine lines.
- Hydroxyl acids– work to remove dead skin cells, helping with new cell turnover, and therefore, will reduce wrinkles.
- Vitamin A – known for its anti-aging benefits because it repairs skin cells, making your skin look fresh.
- Vitamin C – has antioxidants to protect your skin against the elements, which may damage your skin and cause further wrinkles. It will also help brighten age spots and even out your skin tone. Vitamin C also helps your skin in collagen synthesis, which is vital for strengthening your skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – will help in hydrating and smoothening the skin.
- Peptides – improves collagen production.
Myth #2 – The best treatments for wrinkles are expensive.
Because wrinkles are inevitable, and most people dread them, cosmetic companies have taken advantage, and formulated products that claim to help you clear wrinkles, and they aren’t cheap. Before buying an expensive product, read its reviews online, such as reviews of lifecell with the issues we found.
Anti-aging creams don’t have to be expensive, and they are ways to take care of your skin without breaking the bank. Start a skincare routine with some natural ingredients, which help with wrinkles. Hydrate your body, eat right, and don’t forget to exercise, and within no time, you’ll notice a difference in your skin.
Myth #3 – Only wear sunscreen on sunny days.
Always wear sunscreen when going out, whether it’s sunny or not. Even on gloomy days, your skin gets exposed to UV rays, which can damage your skin and cause premature aging.