The story of motivational speaker and entrepreneur Rafael Eliassen is quite unique because just a few years ago he was a depressed janitor who dropped out of school. He decided he wanted more from life so that is why he completely transformed himself and his mindset and in just 2 years he was on stage speaking in front of thousands. Not only has his speeches been heard by over 30 million people but he also helps out other entrepreneurs so they can build successful companies as well. Here are some tips from Eliassen himself.
What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started” and why?
- Avoid bad mental habits: What habits make you mentally weaker? Mindlessly scrolling on Social Media for hours or binge-watching content every day? Find it and root it out.
- Delay-gratification: Learn to focus and work without getting distracted and giving in to instant gratifications like notifications, food, etc.
- Challenge yourself: Make a list of all the things that scare you and do them. It could be asking out your crush or starting a business.
- Mental spotlight: It’s very easy to look for why a situation or life is bad. Train yourself to look for proof otherwise, find out why it’s good instead of being bad.
- Inner dialogue: How will you feel if you keep saying to yourself that you are stupid? Find ways to develop positive self-talk.
If someone would want to emulate your career, what would you suggest are the most important things to do?
Build a personal brand on social media, and build relationships with other powerful and successful people in your industry.