Creating a case study video is an effective way to showcase your business, product, or service. It gives you the opportunity to show how your solution has helped a customer succeed. With case studies, viewers can relate to the customer’s experience and better understand what your product or service can do for them.
Let’s explore tips to create a case study video of your marketing strategy!
What is a Case Study Video?
A case study video is a narrative-driven film that looks at the success of a business or individual. It’s meant to explain, through story and evidence, how the initiative achieved its goals.
Here are ways they can be utilized to promote your business best:
- Testimonial video. Include a video testimonial from clients to show tangible proof that your product or service works.
- Behind the Scenes. People love getting an inside look into businesses and their operations.
- Storytelling. Use storytelling elements like voiceover narration, music, graphics, etc., to draw viewers in.
- Education. Provide helpful information about topics related to your field as an educational resource for viewers.
- Differentiation. Highlight features that make you stand out to differentiate yourself in the marketplace.
The whole point behind case study videos is to convince potential customers about the success stories. This can demonstrate how these solutions have made lives easier and created value for those involved.
How to Create a Successful Case Study Video
Here’s how to create a case study video.
1. Identify Your Goal and Audience
Before you begin creating your customer testimonials, it’s important to identify what you want to achieve and who you want to target. It should be tailored towards specific goals, such as:
- What type of content would make an impact on them?
- Who should represent the target customer for your product or service?
- Would the audience appreciate visuals or data?
- Do they prefer personal stories or instructional videos?
Knowing this will help you use the best approach for crafting an effective case study video. Plus, a video that resonates with its intended audience.
2. Structure and Storytelling
When it comes to structuring your case study video, storytelling is key!
A great story will make all the difference in keeping viewers invested until the very end. Start by introducing your protagonist and their problem before diving into how you helped them solve that problem.
Additionally, don’t forget about including some visuals along the way! You can use customer testimonial videos from people involved in the success story. In this way, you can provide invaluable insight into why a particular solution was chosen.
3. Focus On Quality Over Quantity
Many people today have short attention spans due to the wide availability of online content. That’s why it’s important to avoid dragging on too long with a single video but rather create shorter chunks of content spread across multiple videos that tell different parts of the story over time.
A good rule of thumb is quality over quantity in case studies.
Your case study video can be short-winded in order to get its point across. Case study videos should be short or 2 – 3 minutes, to avoid losing viewer interest.
Stick to one main message per video and present it in an interesting way that will inspire viewers after watching it!
4. Organize Your Shoot
You also need to decide where and when you will shoot the video. If possible, try to find a location that fits with the theme of the story being told in your case study video.
For example, if you’re featuring a customer who uses your product for outdoor activities, then shooting outdoors would be ideal for creating an immersive experience for viewers. You’ll also need to figure out which equipment to shoot and video conferencing software to use. Once everything is organized, all that’s left is actually filming!
5. Call To Action
A call to action is an essential part of any video, especially when you are creating a case study. It’s the main message that you want your viewers to take away from the video and act on. A good call-to-action should be clear and concise and make it easy for viewers to take action.
Here are the types of calls to action you can use in your customer review video.
- Sign Up for Our Newsletter. This allows viewers to learn more about what you offer without having to commit immediately.
- Follow Us on Social Media. This will allow them to keep up with all the latest updates and news related to your products or services.
- Join Our Community. It allows viewers to connect with like-minded people who share their interests.
- Contact Us. If there are any questions or inquiries that viewers may have, then you must include CTA to contact you.
You can track the metric of who clicks on the link provided in the CTA for each video and compare those results over time. This data will help you determine what type of video marketing performs best.
Your customer testimonial video doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. Sometimes, the simplest approach is the best. Keep your target audience, and make sure every element of your video speaks to them.
Following these tips, you can create a case study video that grabs attention and communicates everything to your viewer.