Water is the elixir of life. It’s essential to good health, but it doesn’t have to be dull. If you’re still drinking still, here’s why to switch to carbonated.
NORWICH, NORFOLK, UNITED KINGDOM, March 17, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Still water is simple. All you have to do is turn on the tap, and there’s a near unlimited supply of the cold, clear liquid. It’s the elixir of life. To maintain a good level of health, you should be drinking at least two litres of water on a daily basis. But have you ever considered making a move to carbonated water? In this article, we explore some of the potential health benefits of getting a little fizz in your life.
(1) Improves swallowing ability – believe it or not, carbonated water has been shown in tests to help with swallowing – the first stage in digestion. According to scientists, this is because the bubbles in the water help stimulate the nerves associated with the swallowing function.
(2) Assists in throat clearing – do you suffer with the feeling that you constantly have something caught in your throat? Carbonated water could be the answer. A test was run on 72 people who suffer from this problem, and the bubbly stuff was found to alleviate the most frequent symptoms in 63% of the sample.
(3) Eases constipation – as we grow older, bowel movements get slower. Carbonated water could help you become more regular and ease the pain of constipation. A study was run on 40 elderly people who drank carbonated water over a two-week period, whilst a control group only drank tap water. Those in the carbonated water sample were found to have roughly double the number of bowel movements compared to the subjects in the control group.
(4) Increases the feeling of fullness – one of the most popular tricks used by people on serious diets is to drink lots of fluid and to eat soup to retain a feeling of fullness. There have been some preliminary studies into this phenomenon with sparkling water – with test subjects reporting a longer, more sustained, feeling of satisfaction when compared to drinking still water.
It’s not all about the health side of things either. There’s a fun and pleasurable side to fizzy water that makes it a whole lot more intriguing than that boring old plain water.
(5) Better with cordials – do you like to mix your squash or cordial with still water? You might find it more refreshing to add a dash of sparkle to your drink with carbonated water. Try it in the summer; the bubbles create a truly thirst-quenching feeling that make a delicious contrast to the sweetness of the juice.
(6) Much needed mixers – if you work in a bar, then there’s a very good chance that your customers will require some carbonated water every now and then, especially if they’re a fan of mojitos. In these cases, avoid the disappointment of still water by providing the bubbles.
The next question is, where can you get a constant supply of carbonated water? Whilst you can pick up a bottle of carbonated water in the supermarket, some experts claim that storing liquids in plastic can be harmful to your health due to the chemicals used within the plastic (5). Environmentally, sourcing your refreshment from plastic bottles will add to your carbon footprint, and local landfill. This is where Billi UK offers you the ideal solution.
Billi UK is a leading supplier of fully functioning water dispensers, which work much like your kitchen or bathroom tap. Available in an environmentally friendly, space-saving form, these systems are the perfect choice for commercial and industrial working environments. Amongst the numerous products on offer from the Billi UK, you can find the Alpine Sparkling, the Quadra Sparkling, and the Quadra Plus model – all of which can supply you with fizzy water at the simple touch of a tap.
For more information please see the Billi UK website: http://www.billi-uk.com/billi-taps/
6) What are the benefits of sparkling water
Original Press Release: